Family School Liaison Worker
Kandice Wynia is our Family School Liaison Worker this year.
She will be available Wednesdays from 8:00 - 4:00.
The FSLW provides support and counselling for the students and families at Winfield Elementary School.
Common concerns that can be referred to the FSL program are:
* developing coping strategies for strong emotions, such as anger, frustration, and anxiety
* self-esteem, confidence building
* new to school
* friendship/peer relationship challenges
* family concerns
* just be "someone to talk to about life's challenges and experiences"
Services may be accessed through one-on-one counselling/support groups and a variety of programs.
Programs that may be available based on identification of need are:
* Girls Circle
* Boys Council
* Rainbows - Support group for children who are experiencing grief/loss
* Friendship Club
Please feel free to contact Kandice to discuss and questions/concerns that you may have.